For a glimpse of my life,click on lyrics above that says
Nobody
Need
Me
Wednesday, February 22, 2006
Rest in peace...... @ 4:57 AM
This Monday marks the end of my grandpa funeral. Looking at my grandpa lying there motionless is a weird feeling. It seems that he has shrunk, he looks so much smaller than what I perceived. The yellowed white shirt that hangs on the chair was frequently seen on him before the accident that paralyze him waist down. The accident not only took away his ability to walk, it seems that it has absorbed his happiness as well. The same yellow shirt is now moving with the gentle wind before my very eyes. But I will never see the owner move before me again. When the coffin was transported down the alley to be cremated, the family broke down to tears. It was unthinkable that some of my uncles and aunties cry before me, but it is more unthinkable my grandpa was gone forever. I can't imagine that the last time I hear him will be during Chinese New Year, I seems to take him for granted, thinking that I will see him the next New Year. But I am so wrong. He will not be able to hear even my goodbye and blessings.
Throughout the period of funeral, I kept thinking about life & death. What it feels like to be in the coffin, what it will feel like to see the loved ones being grief stricken but you are unable to even bring a tissue to them. Then I realize to see the sun the following day is a blessing. To tell someone you love her/him is a blessing. To bring a smile to someone is a blessing. To breathe is a blessing. I have no idea how many people read my blog(I reckon there will not be a lot of people), but maybe you will like to take 30sec off your time to marvel at the simplest things in life that you should be grateful of. The very same things that you have taken for granted.
Death is not painful to the deceased; the pain is borne by people alive.
Why must people die? Perhaps only through death, meaning can be brought to life.
Ah gong, I will miss you. Rest in peace..
Nobody
Name: Brandon
A broken bottle of liqueur,
Empty and stale without a single ripple.
Brewed in the forgotten year of 1984,
A spirit that none will tip to pour.
Lock up in a cold cellar of no summer or fall,
Maybe it has no right to ask for any more.
Will you buy it and bring it out to thaw,
Give it some warm or amore